Whether it is designing digital art or web designs, Photoshop has been the ultimate preference. Wait! Did I say the Ultimate Preference? No, not NOW! In the past few years, a proprietary vector graphics editor –SKETCH has raised its status giving a strong competition to the former designing giant – Photoshop. The most eminent tool for UX/UI web designer, it brings out the beautiful features enhancing user experience. Photoshop has had its monopoly through these years, ruling the designing world, but with its overwhelming features, recently, Sketch has got a great steer up and has drastically scaled up becoming the tough rival of Photoshop.
Well let’s refresh the history of Photoshop
What is Photoshop?Photoshop has been the go-to tool for years. Developed by Adobe and being a part of Adobe’s creative cloud, Photoshop has been the most used designing tool for web/graphic designers. Moreover, Web Design Company utilizes Photoshop features comparatively to any other app. Refreshing about Photoshop, now let’s unveil Sketch.
What is Sketch?With an abundance of benefits on its platter to serve, Sketch is dominantly the most popular tool designed and developed by Bohemian Coding. This designing app provides unbelievable agility in operating vector-based files. Loaded with multiple file export facility, Sketch also aids mobile application designers to quickly create assets and mockups at every stage of the design process. Leveraging the best of Sketch, User Experience Design Company brings in more innovative solutions in the digital art world. Digging a little deeper further, let’s see the varied features and benefits of these two giants and compare them. Scaling at the higher position in the industry, Photoshop, definitely, has loads of benefits to reflect on.
Benefits of Photoshop
- Time tested desktop app, running successfully since years
- Easily goes along with different OS
- Default view of a toolbar
- Wide range of Plugins and actions makes designing easier
- A cornucopia of varied brushes to enhance clarity and layers
- Varied features boosts the process
- An array of different ways to design both vector and non-vector shapes
- A gigantic library stored with a variety of elements for designing
- Built-in smart objects that saves time
- Extract assets facility to export files
Benefits of Sketch
- Cheaper than Photoshop
- Light weight, fast and convenient to use
- Specifically made for icons design, websites and interfaces
- Easy to maintain and maximum output with minimalist tools
- Allows accessing all screens side by side. It becomes much easier to make changes and view things.
- Multiple preset templates and art-board presets
- Tools and values are easily translated to CSS and browsers
- Highly interactive websites, and mobile interfaces
|Description||A web designer’s desktop tool for editing images and graphics||Profusely used by UI/UX designers, an innovative software to create wireframes|
|Compatibility||A product of Adobe works in MAC and Windows OS.||Precisely made for MAC OS|
|Interface||Offers numerous functions and add-on options||A collaboration of Photoshop and Illustrator functionalities|
|User Experience||Quite tricky for newbies aspiring to design creative art||Simple, convenient and easier for newbies to get used to it|
|Features||Provides more of designing and editing features and tools||With minimal designing features, it is just for UX/UI designing – the next-gen software|
|Functioning||Not all images or graphics are vectored in Photoshop||Nothing much to worry about rescaling the artboard as everything in Sketch is vector-based.|
|Plugins||Already embedded with lots of plugins and actions||Requires external plugins for extended functionalities|